Sunday, January 1, 2023

Walking the Streets of London

 

When I visit the city of London, my favorite thing to do is simply walk.  Walking the streets of this city is an adventure in exploration.  You never know what you might find.  

You might discover buildings with exotic names.

Or you might find hidden gardens that you can walk around and enjoy.

You might discover streets with many layers.

Or, streets with fancy gates and fences.


You might discover passageways that lead to even more interesting places.

















Or find places where some streets cross over other streets.


There are places where the historic buildings melt away into the modern.

















And, there are places where wars of the past are clearly visible.

And there are colorful pubs where people gather for a drink and conversation.

I don't think I'll ever tire of walking the streets of London.  The opportunities for discovery are endless and the things discovered are fascinating.  I'm hoping that 2023 will be the year I can once again walk these streets and discover even more of what the city has to offer.

7 comments:

William Kendall said...

A city I would love to see for myself someday.

Linda Sue said...

three and a half years in London was not enough! Every time I go back - to walk- I find places that I had not been and they are all lovely, settling, comfy as an old slipper. London is a rare gem!

Marcia LaRue said...

I am watching a parade from London this 1-1-2023 morning ... seems to be a great way to start the new year!
May 2023 find you happy, healthy, and surrounded by both family and friends! Look for the good in all things and then share it with as many as you can!
Hugs from S. Colorado ❤

Travel said...

"When you are tired of London, you are tired of life" someone once said. I love walking an old city.

Gardens at Waters East said...

So true. Walking the streets is an excellent way to "capture" the story of a city. I often do the same, as I did in London, Madrid, Moscow, Stuttgart, New York, Mexico City, Guatemala City, and so many more. I always get the feel of a place by walking. I highly recommend it to everyone. Thanks for the posting.

Gemel said...

Thank you for a walk down memory lane. I do miss living in the UK.

The Happy Whisk said...

Oh my gosh, Sharon. Just walking, I would love that too! Love the hidden garden. Did you make it inside the pub?