Sunday, January 8, 2023

Traveling Indulgences

 

On my last trip to Italy, my friend Glenda and I spent three nights in Milan before we met up with four others on Lake Como.  On our first night in the city we were tired from the long flight so we decided to just have dinner at our hotel.  We didn't realize that the hotel's restaurant was a gourmet delight.  Above was just a little chef's treat before we dug into some of the most delicious spaghetti I've ever eaten. 



The next day we were off to see the sights but on our walk from the hotel, we passed a patisserie with the most beautiful treats I've seen in a very long time.  We made a pact to return on our way back to the hotel and indulge in one or two of these beauties.  I'll add that they tasted every bit as good as they looked.


Milan is where I discovered my new favorite cocktail. It's called a Hugo Spritz and it contains elderflower liquor and sparkling wine.  I started ordering it wherever we went.  















At lunch on one day we were seated next to a family with a dog who seemed very used to dining at restaurants with his people.  He didn't beg, bark or cry.  He just observed the food as it arrived and patiently waited for his people to finish their meal.

Of course, one night we had to have pizza.  We were in Italy after all.  I can't say it was the best pizza I've ever tasted but it ticked a box on our list of things to do in Milan. 

Our last indulgence before we left Milan was back at the hotel in the cozy little bar.  We decided to split a bottle of Prosecco and the friendly bar tender provided the bowl of chips and nuts.  It was a perfect ending to three fast paced days in the beautiful city of Milan.  

5 comments:

Travel said...

Enjoy the goodies along the way.

Marcia LaRue said...

Thanks for the foodie tour of Milan!

William Kendall said...

I'm hungry just looking at these.

The Happy Whisk said...

Oh my gosh, looks like you and Glenda had a feast for sure. I love that! Look at that pup. Just chillin' out. Love that you had the pizza and I appreciate your honest take on it. Here's to the next adventure. Cheers!

DUTA said...

I remember being surprised that the pizza in Napoly (Italy's mother source of the pizza) was unsatisfactory.