Sunday, December 18, 2022

For the Love of Cats Everywhere

 

This is an unusual post for my travel blog however, I found that I had a number of photos of cats that I've observed on my various travels around the world so I thought I'd share some of them.  This sleek feline was observed sitting in an upper story window above a canal in Venice.  He was watching the boats float by below him.



The calico above was lounging on the sofa at one of the Willamette Valley wineries in Oregon.  


This beauty was enjoying a stroll around Sherman Library and Gardens in Corona Del Mar California.















In Buenos Aires Argentina, a visit to the famous Recoleta Cemetery will assure any visitor the opportunity to see numerous cats.  The cemetery is known for housing many feral cats.  Local volunteers provide food for these cats and ensure that they are spayed or neutered.  Visitors will see them curled up by a grave marker or reclining on the cool marble of an elaborate tomb.  











In Uruguay I saw this trio lounging in the window of a home as I walked by.  They were too busy napping to pay attention to me and my camera.

In Costa Rica I visited a shelter that cares for animals that have been confiscated by border agents.  It seems people try to sneak some exotic species out of the country and the animals are sent here to be checked for health and to determine if they can be released back into the wild.  

In some places I've found little tributes to special cats.  This little cat mural was found outside a business in Bolzano Italy.  I wondered if it was in memory of someone's beloved cat.


In London I found this little tribute to Dick Whittington's Cat.  Richard Whittington was Lord Mayor of London back in the 15th century and a bit of folklore has been written about his hard working cat.  


I've enjoyed finding all these cat photos in my archives.  

5 comments:

William Kendall said...

What beauties they are.

Gemel said...

Very beautiful cats.

Marcia LaRue said...

A cat lover, myself ... thanks for sharing these fabulous felines with us.
The lounging and the strolling cats are actually torties rather then calico-colored kitties!
🐈🐱😊

Travel said...

Wonderful cats, we met Mitchell and SG's cats in Spain a few days ago.

The Happy Whisk said...

The one at the end, almost looks spooky real! Those eyes. Those eyes.