Sunday, November 6, 2022

Hotel Laguna

 


On one of the nights I was in California, I had dinner with my friends at the historic Hotel Laguna located right in the heart of Laguna Beach.  

This hotel was built over 125 years ago.  The original structure burned down just 60 days after it opened but it was rebuilt in 1888.  


























In 1928, the hotel was demolished when its original construction was suspected to be a fire hazard.  Work started right away and in 1930, this new building was dedicated.















The restaurant called Fin is at the back of the hotel with a dining patio right on the ocean.  We couldn't ask for a better view.  




I shared a salad with my friend Julie and then had the mussels for my main course. I paused every now and then to snap a photo of the setting sun shining through my wine glass.















By the time we reached dessert time, the sun had set and there was a pinkish glow on the horizon.  It was a perfect spot for a relaxing meal by the sea.  

2 comments:

Travel said...

Looks amazing,

William Kendall said...

That last shot is my favourite.