Sunday, October 30, 2022

California Critters

 

Even though I was only in California for three days this last August, I did manage to spot a few "critters" living close to the ocean.  The first one I encountered was this cute little rabbit who emerged from the shrubbery to say hello.

Next was this hawk who quite literally, flew right over the top of my head and landed in this scraggly tree. He was a good sport and stayed put long enough for me to take several shots of him.  

I zoomed in to take a photo of this rock that sits out in the ocean and attracts lots of birds.  I nicknamed it Pelican Rock but it appears it is the cormorants who are in control here.  There is just one pelican in this whole flock.  

There is a restaurant in Laguna Beach that has this colorful, mosaic globe on its patio and on one occasion I passed by when this seagull was using it as a perch.  Since diners take their food out on this patio to eat, I'm pretty sure he was eyeing anything he might steal from and unsuspecting diner.  

This seagull found a great spot where he could hunker down in the warm sand while keeping an eye for any activity in the water below.  

This fellow is the resident tortoise who resides in the greenhouse at Sherman Library and Gardens in Corona Del Mar.  I usually see two of them in this little indoor pond but on this occasion only one was in sight.  

This isn't a wild animal (as far as I know) but he was happy to smile for me as I approached.  He and his human were out for a walk along the beach when the two of them sat for a brief rest.  

It's always fun to run into "critters" when I'm out enjoying the views.  

3 comments:

Andy said...

Very nice Sharon. It was your lucky day for photographing critters.

Marcia LaRue said...

That's how I like to enjoy the ocean ... in pictures! Lived in California for a lot of years, but the mountains of Colorado got me in my retirement years!
Thanks for sharing your walk on the wild side! LOL

William Kendall said...

Such a cute doggie.