Sunday, October 16, 2022

Childhood Memories

 


I dug out some old photos for today's post.  I was feeling a bit nostalgic when I found some old photos from my home town.  This is the house I grew up in and that's my dad looking out the front window.


This is how the old house looks today or at least how it looked the last time I was there.



Just guessing from the food on the table, this must have been an Easter celebration.  Mom always baked a ham for Easter and a turkey for Christmas.


This would be one of the schools I attended.  


That tall building is where I worked my first job.  That's where the Illinois State Bank was located.  


I saw many movies at the Washington Theatre.  


And, I spent many hours in the Quincy Public Library.  The building has been turned into a museum now but it was a great library when I was young.  

Just a few fond memories from my childhood home in Quincy Illinois.

5 comments:

Andy said...

Sweet memories eh? I know the feeling.

William Kendall said...

That last is my favourite.

RedPat said...

Nice to look back at these Sharon.

Marcia LaRue said...

I grew up in Rock Falls, IL. I haven't been back since 1981 ... no reason to go visit! The town and people have all changed and so have I. Home now is S. Colorado!

Linda Sue said...

Lovely photos, they make me homesick ,though that was not my home!