Sunday, March 12, 2023

Antarctic Inhabitants

 


The sole inhabitants of the Antarctic are the thousands of penguins who have made the land masses and the ice their home.

My good friends Julie and Dave took lots of photos of all the different species of penguins they encountered.  















I think the "chinstrap" penguins were my favorite but they are all so interesting to watch.  They have to be one of the cutest creatures on earth.

















They are amazing little birds who seem to thrive in one of the coldest spots on earth.

















This photo is of Julie at the Penguin Post Office mailing post cards back home.  In fact, the one she is showing looks like the one she sent me.
















It took a whopping 9 weeks to arrive at my home.  It takes a very long time to get mail from the bottom of the earth!

4 comments:

William Kendall said...

They certainly are remarkable animals.

Andy said...

Oh my! I wish I could be there.
PS: The photos are overwhelming.

Travel said...

Wow, what an amazing trip. Jimmy Buffett recorded a song a few years ago "There's a Party at the world" last year he hosted a cruise from south America to Antartica, it sold out in days, and like $25,000 a cabin.

Catarina said...

Thisis an experience they will never forget.