Sunday, June 19, 2022

Incredible Homes of Quincy

 

Today I'm taking a visit to my home town Quincy Illinois.  I grew up in Quincy, moving to Arizona when I was 24 years old.  So, I spent my formative years in this beautiful river town.  Quincy sits on the Mississippi River and was fueled early on by trade on the river.  Consequently, there were a lot of prosperous merchants residing in Quincy and the city's vast array of grand homes is proof of its historic significance.  The first photo above is of my favorite house in Quincy.  I have a soft spot for Tudor architecture and this one in my mind, is perfection.  

Here is another house with Tudor touches.  It is located in the same neighborhood as the first house above.  I used to scour this area admiring the homes. 


A lot of homes in Quincy are constructed of red brick.  


There is an equal number of homes constructed in stone.


In recent years, homes of Quincy have become tourist magnets.  People from all over the midwest travel to Quincy just to gaze on these gorgeous houses.


With eye-poppers like this house, who can blame them.  The owners of this home have gone the extra-mile to make their house as beautiful as possible.  With flowers pouring from the roofline, it's a pleasure to see and photograph.  

3 comments:

Travel said...

It is nice to see the old houses in full glory

DUTA said...

Gorgeous houses, indeed.

William Kendall said...

These are beauties.