Sunday, June 5, 2022

Another Look at the Mission Inn

 

A few years ago, I stayed at the historic Mission Inn in Riverside California.  Many years before that, I was at a conference in the city and took a tour of the place and from then on, I knew I had to stay there one day.  


It's hard to believe that this beautiful place stood empty for a number of years.  It was finally rescued and renovated beginning in 1992. It is now on the National Historic Sites Registry.



The hotel is a composite of architectural styles but is predominantly mission revival style.  

These two photos were taken at the roof garden.






























There is an endless supply of beautiful spaces to photograph.  This shows hotel rooms surrounding an open courtyard.  

In one place there is large, spiral staircase circling around a lovely fountain at the bottom.  I've posted photos from this place before.  You can see one of those posts here.


I have many more photos of this place to share sometime in the future.  I can guarantee that if you visit this place you will not be able to resist taking photos.  There is so much to see.


3 comments:

Travel said...

Looks like a great place for the ultra wide angle lens,

DUTA said...

Red seems to be a dominant color here. I like that.

William Kendall said...

Exquisite.