Sunday, June 12, 2022

Back In Time

 

Today I'm taking a little trip down memory lane.  I have a few very old photos, almost all from the late 70's.  That's a long time ago, isn't it?  First up is my favorite photo among these.  It's of the Death Valley Opera House.  As I recall, the opera house was still in use when I visited but today it has become part of a hotel.  I found a series of photos of it for anyone who is interested.  It is truly a historic place.  

Here we have a sweeping view of Yosemite National Park.  This photo has faded into blue tones.  The valley floor should be a nice forest green.


Above is the geological wonder of tall, basalt columns at Devils Postpile National Monument in California.  

To the left is one of the many giant sequoia trees at Sequoia National Park, also in California.  You might have read that these trees were threatened by a dangerous forrest fire last year.  I'm thankful they survived.

By the way, that's my mom and dad looking at the tree in the bottom right of the photo.























Above is the Hollywood Bowl with a symphony performance in progress.  


This last one is the Mark Twain Riverboat at Disneyland.  Back in the 70's and early 80's, I used to take weekend trips to visit Disneyland at least once a year.  I haven't been for over 30 years.  I can only imagine the huge changes to the park since then.

Thanks for sharing my little stroll down memory lane.  

5 comments:

Andy said...

It is always nice to look at the old photos.
They do bring back a lot memories.

Travel said...

Great photos, the color shift really shows the age (Kodak new how to do better and didn't.).

William Kendall said...

Yosemite is one place I must see for myself.

Linda Sue said...

Wonderful photos, a time machine. Remembering Disneyland back in the day, a wonderful memory. Yosemite, when I was a wee thing riding on my mother's lap while my father smoked , driving, with the windows rolled up. Our family did a lot of road trips that way, it is a wonder I do not have lung cancer. Hollywood bowl where Donovan concert for five dollars was a most stunning event! Thank you for these wonderful photos.

Catalyst said...

Memory treasures.