Sunday, May 15, 2022

Wild Animals of California

 

Back in 2015, I did a post about a visit to Safari Park in Escondido California.  It's an extension of the San Diego Zoo but it spans 1800 acres so it gives the large African animals a lot more space to roam and explore.


In the lion compound I got some great photos of both the male and female lions lounging about in the grass.  I've featured another photo of the fellow above in other posts.  I have an enlargement of him hanging over my desk.


I remember taking a tram ride out into the areas where these extra large animals live.  Many of the animals roam around in the same enclosures.  


In the aviary I got to meet the colorful lorikeets.  They must be the most colorful bird on the planet.


I would rally like to visit this place again.  

4 comments:

Andy said...

Thanks for the tour. A great place to the grand kids.

Travel said...

Looks like fun, a great day with a long lens

William Kendall said...

Amazing animals.

Catalyst said...

As you should. I recall a visit there many, many years ago too.