Sunday, May 8, 2022

Signs of Chicago

 


Looking through my folder of photos from Chicago, I noticed I had a few photos of signs I've spotted around the city.  Some are very iconic like the sign in front of the Chicago Theatre to the left or the historic "Marshall Field and Company" on the side of that huge store.  

I'm so glad that when I was working in Chicago, Marshall Fields was still...well...Marshall Fields.  It is now a huge Macy's store.  Not as elegant as I always thought Marshall Fields was.










Some signs just give you directions like this sign inside a local deli.  

Some signs I photographed are just humorous.  Like this sign for a dry cleaners.  I'm guessing that English wasn't the first language of the sign maker who painted this sign.  "Alternations" anyone?  If you need to get your 'tapper' shortened, this is the place to go.

The signs on the side of van for a "canine catering" company caught my eye.  Cookies and ice cream for your dog are available but "Please don't lick the truck".  

I hope you enjoyed this assortment of signs from the great city of Chicago.  

5 comments:

Andy said...

Thanks for sharing. Chicago a lot interesting signs.

Travel said...

Great signs. I have seen a few of those, but not the drycleaners sign -

William Kendall said...

These are good ones.

Catalyst said...

Good ones!

DUTA said...

Signs in a city can make such a versatile, interesting topic!