Sunday, March 27, 2022

Favorite Photos of U. S. Travel

Last December, I did a post about my favorite photos from London.  I thought I'd do the same thing for my favorite photos from my U.S. Travels and then from my other international travels.  Today I have an assortment of favorites from around the states.  These are all photos I've either hung on my walls or framed some other way.  The photo above greets me daily.  A framed enlargement hangs over my desk. It was taken in California at the Safari Park and Wildlife Sanctuary.  

This one is from Tucson Arizona. It's the entrance to the bar that is part of the historic El Charro Restaurant.  I love the color, light and shadows in this one.

I love the textures in this one contrasted with the blue sky full of big, puffy clouds.  This is one of the ancient walls at Tumacacori National Historical Park in Southern Arizona.  An enlargement of this one hangs in my bedroom.


This one looks like it might be from Egypt but it's actually from San Jose California on the grounds of the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum.  
















This photo was taken in Santa Fe New Mexico.  This is a view of the Inn at Loretto Hotel.  It looks like an authentic Native American pueblo but it's actually modern hotel.

I took this photo near Prescott Valley Arizona.  I drove down a farm road and found this very gnarly tree near a field.  There is a little bit of rain in the background to add another element to this scene.

I take a lot of photos of flowers everywhere I go but I especially like this perfect waterlily that was found in small pond at the Getty Villa in Los Angeles.  The colors of this bloom are stunning.

This last photo was taken several years ago when I stopped in Tombstone Arizona to have a look around.  The little bit of rain didn't stop the normal tourist activities like a ride in an authentic stagecoach.  

These are just a few of my favorite photos from travels around the states.  I'm looking forward to getting on the road again and taking more memorable photos.  



 

4 comments:

Andy said...

Sharon you are quite the traveller. You seem to spend a lot of time on the go. Have fun and enjoy.

Travel said...

Should I drive cross country someday

William Kendall said...

These are wonderful.

Catalyst said...

Good shots. I think the Loreto one from Santa Fe is my favorite though that Prescott Valley shot is amazing. And I live there!