Sunday, December 19, 2021

My Favorite London Photos

 

Most of my readers probably already know that my favorite city in the world is London.  I've been there many times and if fate allows, I will visit again.  I thought for today's post I'd show you my favorite London Photos over the years.  This one above is from my 2016 trip.  It's of a famous staircase called the Cecil Brewer staircase and it's located inside a store called Heal's.  I saw a photo of this on Flickr one day several years ago and put it on my list of must-see places.  


This second photo was taken in 2013 when my friend Mo who lives in London took me to a very special church.  It is called The Priory Church of St. Barholomew-the-Great and it was founded in 1123.

The artist sketching inside the church was an added bonus.  I had this photo printed on canvas and it resides in my living room.













This next photo was taken in 1985 on my very first trip to London.  I was walking along a street when I spotted real live blacksmith shop right in the middle of town.  
















This Tower Bridge Photo was taken in 2005 when I stayed in a flat in an area south of the Thames called Shad Thames.  I remember snapping this photo while I waited for my friends to get coffee at a nearby Starbucks.

A print of this one hangs in my kitchen.

As you might guess, I have many photos that I've taken in London.  Maybe next week I'll show you a few more favorites.

4 comments:

Travel said...

Thank you, such an interesting city, I will return, in time, when it is safer to travel again.

Steve Reed said...

Excellent photos! (Of course I had to come and check them out!) I bet that blacksmith shop is long-gone, but how cool that you saw it when you did. I've never even heard about that staircase, though I know the Heal's shop, on Tottenham Court Road. I've never been inside. Guess I need to go!

Catalyst said...

My life has included only one visit to London but that was wonderful. It is a great city.

William Kendall said...

Spiral stairs always appeal to me.