Sunday, May 23, 2021

The Dazzling Art of Dale Chihuly

 

I was inspired to do another post about my visit to Chihuly Garden and Glass.  I visited there in May of 2018 and was simply blown away by the beauty inside his gorgeous museum.  Ever since Chihuly did the very first exhibit at the Desert Botanical Garden here in Phoenix, I have been wildly in love with his creations.


The museum itself winds the visitor through a series of rooms each with spectacular displays.  You can see everything from small crafted items to giant chandelier-like sculptures.
































The smaller sculptures come in all shapes, sizes and colors.



































Many of the rooms were dark with spotlights that lit up the displays.  That way of displaying these gems made them stand out and glow.






























In the room with the boats filled with orbs and reeds and other sculptures, I liked the highly polished floor that reflected the glass just like water.



I posted about this wonderful place back in 2018.  You can see that post here if like me, you can't get enough of Chihuly's artistry.
































As you make your way through the museum, the walk ends when you enter a huge glass atrium with more sculptures hanging from the ceiling and then out into a garden where more sculptures live among the plants.  I have a post dedicated to the garden area here.  

In addition to his masterful glass art, Chihuly is also quite the collector.  The restaurant at Chihuly Garden and Glass features items from his vast collections.  Everything from vintage radios to accordions.  I posted scenes from the collection here.

Chihuly Garden and Glass is a place I'd highly recommend visiting.  If I make another trip to Seattle, you can bet I will visit this place again.

4 comments:

Travel said...

We were there in spring of 2019, amazing place.

William Kendall said...

The third shot is my favourite. I haven't seen any of his work in person, and while I can't say I understand it, I do like it.

Catalyst said...

Spectacular seems like such an inadequate word to describe his artistry.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I agree with Catalyst above Sharon, we need a new word to describe this man's talent! I enjoyed going back and looking at the links, unbelievable! I loved the restaurant where he exhibits his collections, so much to see AND good food, excellent!