Sunday, March 21, 2021

The View From Museum Hill

 

I've posted many times about the beauty and art to be found in Santa Fe New Mexico.  If want to see more of those posts, just click the "New Mexico" label at the bottom of this post.  For today I thought I'd concentrate just on what can be seen at Museum Hill without even entering one of the many museums located here.  



The architecture of the buildings on the hill is breathtaking in itself but, the place is full of sculptures in every direction.


This one is by Allan Houser and is called 'He Will Be Home Soon'.  















As you wander between the buildings, you can admire wonderful works of art virtually everywhere you walk.  

This sculpture to the right is by Phillip Mangas Haozous called 'Mothering II'.





























Above is one of Melanie Yazzie's whimsical painted steel sculptures.


Here is an abstract sculpture by Tony Lee called 'Element'.  


Looking down at the entrance road, I see another huge sculpture that greets both pedestrians and drivers as they make their way through this labyrinth.


The natural surroundings also provides its own beauty to admire.  The views from up on Museum Hill are fantastic.  And, when nature provides a sky full of puffy clouds, it makes it even better.

Museum Hill is a little way out of the center of Santa Fe.  This link will provide helpful hints for getting there.  It is well worth the effort.





6 comments:

Travel said...

Going back to Santa Fe is on my list, the one time I was there it was raining and packed with people

William Kendall said...

I'd love to visit that place!

Gemel said...

I agree with William, I would love to visit there too.

Catalyst said...

It's been many, many years since I last visited Santa Fe and your post makes me realize how much I've missed.

Revrunner said...

I've visited that natural history museum. Didn't know about this one. Next time . . .

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Always enjoy seeing the Santa Fe architecture Sharon, classic! The sculptures are such a treat to see, merci beaucoup 💙