Sunday, March 7, 2021

The Enduring Beauty of Venice

 

There is a show on Netflix that I watch over and over again.  It's called "Somebody Feed Phil" and the best way to describe it is to say it's like a culinary trip around the world.  It stars Phil Rosenthal who is best known as the creator of the TV show "Everybody Loves Raymond".  I never watched the show but I know that many people loved it.

Each episode of "Somebody Feed Phil" features a different city while Phil tours the area and tries all the local cuisine.  A few nights ago I watched the episode (again) that was filmed in Venice.  That is what inspired me to look through my photos of Venice and post a few more.  


I have quite a collection of photos from this beautiful place.  I spent two days here taking in as much as I could.  I'm sorry to say that I didn't visit any of the restaurants that Phil features but I did find places with very good food.


In Venice, no matter where you look you can find beauty.


Even laundry day looks charming in this city.



Venice is one of those places that is overrun with tourists.  It's a place that literally everyone wants to experience and who can blame them?



But even in tourist season you still find quiet corners to get away from the crowds.  

Venice is one of those places where there is beauty in every direction you look.  


3 comments:

Travel said...

Great photos, you got off the beaten path, and saw the real Venice

William Kendall said...

What a beautiful place.

Catalyst said...

Are you watching Stanley Tucci's tour of Italy on CNN. Lots of good food, history and scenery.