Sunday, February 14, 2021

Singing Tower

 

These photos today are from the big stash of slides I found last summer and scanned.  This place is called Bok Tower Gardens located north of Lake Wales in Florida.  I visited there on the same trip that took me to Epcot many years ago.

In the center of the garden is a tall tower containing carillon bells that play soothing music while you stroll the garden.















The garden was lush with tropical plants including many magnolia trees that were in full bloom.  I have one distinct memory from visiting this place.  I was seated on a bench listening to the music when a small ground squirrel tried to climb up my bare leg.  Needless to say, I screeched from the pain caused by his sharp little claws and off he went.  

The photo to the right was from one of the slides that faded a bit but you can see the tower clearer. For the photo at the top I was using a special soft focus filter.  The colors are better but you can't see the top of the tower.

4 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Gosh that would have taken you by surprise Sharon, not something you would expect! The tower is intricate and beautiful. Love the sound of Carrillon bells ✨

Travel said...

I think the last time I was there was 1982, long-long time ago.

William Kendall said...

What a beautiful place.

Catalyst said...

Serene. At least until the squirrel arrived.