Sunday, January 31, 2021

On the Coast of Maine

 


Many years ago, I took a short road trip along the coast of Maine.  I followed the southern coast and roamed around in the Kennebunk region.  I remember passing through several towns and many of them had lighthouses to admire.  I felt like I was stopping every few minutes to take in another view.

















Harbors full of boats of all shapes and sizes were especially appealing.

Living most of my life in the western half of the United States, getting a chance to see The Atlantic Ocean was a special treat.  The fact that there were so many harbors and lighthouses was just a bonus.  















One of my goals on that trip was to watch a sunrise over The Atlantic.  I had seen so many sunsets over the Pacific Ocean, I was craving what I thought of as the opposite view.  It wasn't the most spectacular sunrise but, it was well worth getting up early and walking the beach trail in the dark to see it.

These photos have all been scanned from prints.


6 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

What a trip! I have a weak spot for lighthouses so would be stopping a lot too. The harbour scenes are so beautifully composed, lovely to see Sharon 💙

Catalyst said...

Very scenic. That was the time to visit, not now (in January).

William Kendall said...

It's been years since I've been in Maine. The lighthouse is a beauty.

LuiZ FernandoS said...

In October 2016 I spent one week travelling along the Maine coast. It was fall and one of my best trips. I will never forget all the multicolored leaves and the many towns by the sea.

Travel said...

I was in Maine for 20 minutes one day, long story

Revrunner said...

A great coastal drive.