Sunday, March 24, 2024

The Brompton Oratory

 


I've walked past the Brompton Oratory church once or twice before when I've visited London but I had never been inside.  This time I decided to see what it was like on the inside.















It is located on Brompton Road next door to the Victoria and Albert Museum.  The church is a Neo-classical, late Victorian Roman Catholic Parish.

I slipped inside to have a look around.  As I expected, the church is very grand with lots of marble and gold leaf trim.  It looked as though the church was being prepared for a wedding with two chairs set by the altar and floral trim along the pews.  












The church reminded me of the churches I've visited in Italy.  It had that same grandeur and elegance. 

5 comments:

Travel said...

Wow, it is often fun to slip into a church along the way.

Steve Reed said...

Wow, it's quite spectacular! I've never been inside either.

Catarina said...

Magnificent!
I have never visited it.

Recomenzar said...

Wow,
HERMOSAS FOTOS

William Kendall said...

Astonishing.