Sunday, April 30, 2023

The Streets are Paved in.....Water!

 

Scenes from Venice Italy where the streets are made of water and transportation is done by foot and boat.  



My first glimpses of the city were breathtaking.  It looked just like in the movies only with a lot more people.  The watery streets and the Moorish architecture caught my eye immediately.



To someone who lives in the desert, all that water seemed so strange and frankly, dangerous.  How do all those fabulous buildings stand with such soggy foundations?































Venice is truly one of the most unique cities on this planet.  The city was a joy to visit.

7 comments:

William Kendall said...

Wonderful shots. Very timely with what I posted yesterday.

Catarina said...

I spent a couple of weeks in Venice a few years ago. At a friend's house. Venice can not be compared to any other city. One of my best holidays.

Catarina said...

When were you there, Sharon?
Venice is so unique that it can not be compared to any other city.
I was there for a couple of weeks a few years ago and have an open invitation to visit it again.
: )

Haddock said...

one of the places i have yet to visit.

Travel said...

A magical place.

SPACE said...

Wonderful photos.

Catarina said...

A beautiful city.
I had very good experiences when I visited Venice.