Sunday, February 5, 2023

Southern Arizona Golf Resort

 

Let me just start this post by saying I don't play golf.  However, several years ago I took the opportunity to stay at the Tubac Golf Resort and Spa.  It was during the month of July which you might guess was not the normal golfing and tourist season for southern Arizona.  But the summer rates were good and I wanted a short vacation away.  Tubac is a small arts community about 50 miles south of Tucson Arizona.

The rooms are all hacienda style with private patios and sitting on the 500 acre site of the historic Otero Ranch.  

The Otero Ranch was established in 1789, long before Arizona was part of the United States.  


The beautifully landscaped grounds are full of reminders of ranching life dating back 200 years.

The rooms have a rustic, southwestern feel to them but they contain all the modern conveniences that make staying at a resort a relaxing event.

Those amenities include a fireplace and a seating area along with a huge bathroom complete with shower and spa tub.  

I enjoyed the patio very much.  I could sit there reading a book and sipping something refreshing and watch the occasional golf cart roll by.  The whole experience was outstanding.  

4 comments:

William Kendall said...

Beautiful architecture.

As to golf, my disdain is best summed up with spelling it backwards- flog.

Travel said...

Nice room. Looks relaxing.

William Kendall said...

A beautiful place.

Catarina said...

Oh my!!!! That is a fabulous place!!