Sunday, February 6, 2022

Unmistakably Santa Fe

 

I've featured posts about Santa Fe New Mexico before but, today I'm adding a few more photos that all display the  unmistakable look of that beautiful city.  Above is a scene from that area of Santa Fe known as Museum Hill.  It's a spot where four, world-class museums can be found together.

Here we have the Palace of the Governors in the historic district of Santa Fe.  This is a spot where on certain days, you can shop for Native American arts directly from the artists and craftsmen.  They gather in front of the plaza and display their wares. 

Above is a street scene where you can see the distinct architecture of the city.  Those adobe buildings are the predominant look in all directions.  I also like how those clouds are perfectly positioned above the street.

Those wonderful adobe walls make a perfect backdrop for spring flowers.  These lilacs look good and smell divine.  


It's a city where you will see a couple of friendly bears enjoying a conversation on a bench in front of an art gallery.  Down the street you might see chili ristras hanging from the tall adobe walls.  

In front of the IAIA Museum of Contemporary Native Arts you will find artistically enhanced poles supporting the cover over the sidewalk.


It's a city where hotels fit the architectural style beautifully and art galleries are on almost every corner.

















I'll just sum it up by saying that Santa Fe is a city with a style all its own.  It's a beautiful place that I'm hoping I can visit again sometime soon.

7 comments:

Andy said...

Santa Fe is now on my to do list.

Catarina said...

So different from what I'm used to...

Travel said...

I need to visit there. I have a consulting contract - the coordinator is in Santa Fe and keeps saying we need to spend a day brainstorming in person.

RedPat said...

I've always wanted to go there. I miss Randy's blog from Santa Fe.

William Kendall said...

I'd love to go there.

Catalyst said...

It is a great city. It's been many years since I've been there but a friend from Colorado recently stopped their on his way home from a Phoenix (and Prescott Valley) visit. He emailed me photos of the Loreto Chapel with it's "miracle staircase" that he and his wife and Judy and I visited decades ago. I presume you've been there.

Catalyst said...

Just realized, I misspelled: that middle "their" should be "there" like the others. :)