Sunday, November 15, 2020

Looking for Antiques

 

About ten years ago, my friend David owned a cabin in the tiny town of Yarnell Arizona.  One weekend when I was visiting him there, we decided to check out a nearby farm that we were told sold antiques.

The whole area around Yarnell is full of these giant boulders.  In fact, David's cabin was actually built around a boulder that protruded into his bedroom.  The farm was located in an interesting setting with boulder strewn land all around it.

We wandered around the land surrounding his big barn looking at all sorts of vintage objects.


There were some things that were very old and others that were just well used.

Around one side of the barn, we saw lots of old tools.

Inside the barn, I enjoyed seeing a vintage sign from the tiny town of Yarnell.

All the while we did our "shopping", the owner's friendly dog kept a watchful eye.

I loved how one end of the barn was covered with old road signs.

It turned out to be one of those hidden gems you sometimes find.  In fact, it was so hidden that I'm not sure I'd be able to locate it again all these years later.  

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

That dog is such a cutie!