Sunday, July 1, 2018

Canyon Road Art


Last week I posted that I made my very first trip down Canyon  Road in Santa Fe New Mexico on my most recent trip to the city and I discovered a plethora of art works and creativity.  Today I'll show just a sample of a few of the pieces that caught my eye.  Such as, this big brown bear relaxing in a garden.


Or how about "Hog Heaven" by Robin Laws.


Chief  Joseph by Doug Hyde was tucked away in his own niche inside a gallery.


A handsome portrait called "Blue Monkey Friday" held a special place in another gallery while the standing bear called "Hide and Seek" by Joshua Tobey stood guard.  




These happy ravens found the perfect perches in the garden of one gallery while the very large gentleman to the left seems perplexed by all that he sees.






























Baby elephants were frolicking at a watering hole.


In another location, a pretty blue bird named "Halcyon" by Paul Rhymer was enjoying the attention. 

This is just a sample of the wonderful art that can be found in such a short distance along Canyon Road in Santa Fe.  The amount of talent represented in this small area is incredible.  

8 comments:

biebkriebels said...

That is a nice place to visit with all the art together.

Kate said...

Oh, Sharon, art from Santa Fe makes my spirits soar. As I mentioned on my theme post, water is part of my DNA but the Southwest, esp Santa Fe does more than lift my spirit. If I believed in reincarnation, I know that I probably was a Pueblo Indian, probably Navajo. Thanks for posing this and I LOVE the bluebird!!

Catalyst said...

Whenever I've gone to an art show or museum I've always enjoyed the sculptures and bronzes the most.

Halcyon said...

I LOVE the bird!!! The halcyon is a bird from Greek mythology... <3

Judy Ryer said...

So wonderful to see all these beautiful works of art. I'm glad you took all these great pictures.

William Kendall said...

Wonderful sculptures!

Thérèse said...

Such a happy world!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh my gosh how wonderful Sharon.. I have a feeling this isn't the only time you are going to visit Canyon Road! Love them all but Halcyon is pretty special.