Sunday, December 14, 2014

Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum

Museum Entrance

One of the reasons that I wanted to visit the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum in San Jose California was because of the unique architecture of the buildings and the gardens around the museum.

Unfortunately, my visit on December 5th was on the heels of six days straight of rain in parched northern California. 





Auditorium

















The gardens had taken quite a beating from mother nature's deluge.  The grounds were just a bit disheveled from the watery hammering they had taken but, the groundskeepers were busy cleaning up the fallen leaves and branches.




Garden fountain












Rosicrucian Temple

All of the buildings were carefully designed to look like different Egyptian temples.  The one above is designed like the Temple of Dendera while the museum (top photo) is designed like the Temple of Amon at Karnak.


The entrance above invites the visitor to step into the garden area and enjoy the quiet paths that lead all around the property.  

I'll post more about this place next Sunday!




8 comments:

Mersad said...

What a great place to explore. The entrance is really grand, but the Auditorium is amazing as well.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Lowell said...

California needed the rain but not that much of it! The place looks pretty cleaned up from your photos.

As I recall, the Rosicrucians are some kind of religious sect. I was going to Google it but I'm too lazy.

It's a beautiful place! You must have been there very recently!

Judy said...

So beautiful!

Anonymous said...

What a place to explore and enjoy... and photograph!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I enjoyed Egypt so much Sharon I just know I'd love to visit this museum.

Catalyst said...

Fascinating!

Thérèse said...

Luckily the rain has no effect on the colors! It's magic.
Awesome pictures!

glenda said...

This is a beautiful museum, I can see why you made the trip over to California.