Sunday, April 24, 2022

A Ride Through Central Park

 


I've been to New York many times but it wasn't until this last trip that I considered taking a coach ride in Central Park.  It was fun and certainly a huge contrast to the busy streets.



It was late October so the fall colors were showing on the trees in the Park.


I got to see places I had only seen in movies and TV shows before like the Bethesda Fountain topped by the Angel of the Waters.


















I didn't realize there were so many bridges in the park.



The driver made the obligatory stop at Strawberry Fields where we could see the "Imagine" mosaic on the ground.


















And then the driver pointed out the Dakota Apartments where John Lennon lived and sadly, died.  


But that wasn't the only building on view.  In many places we could see the modern skyscrapers that surround the park.

Riding in the park turned out to be lots of fun.  I'd do again when give the chance.









3 comments:

Travel said...

How fun, we did that once, we should do it again.

William Kendall said...

Quite fun!

Catalyst said...

Looks like great entertainment.