Sunday, October 14, 2018

A Great Place to Stay


I've developed a fondness for Kimpton Hotels and I've started seeking them out when I travel.  When I was in Seattle earlier this year I chose the Kimpton Palladian which was conveniently located near downtown and within walking distance to Pike Place Market and the waterfront.


This hotel chain decorates in a very eclectic (some might say quirky) way.  This hotel was full of portraits of some of Seattle's favorite sons.

The staff told us that Bill Gates had come in to see this portrait and he approved!








Across from Bill Gates was this portrait of Jimi Hendrix.
































Two more portraits of famous people connected to Seattle flanked the lobby fireplace.


In addition to the great atmosphere, I've found the staff at these hotels to be very friendly and this hotel was no exception.  Everyone provided great service and a welcoming smile.




The hotel bar is called Pennyroyal and it had a "speakeasy" atmosphere that was both enticing and charming.  My friend and I stopped off for nightcaps on the days we were there.

This was the third Kimpton Hotel I've stayed at and I've never been disappointed.










6 comments:

Andy said...

Never heard of Kimpton Hotels until I read your post. After searching the net I was surprised to learn that there is one close to me in the City Of Toronto.

Judy Ryer said...

Very nice!

William Kendall said...

The portraits are fun! I hadn't heard of the chain either.

diane b said...

It sure is quirky with those portraits. Its good when you hit on a great hotel chain.

Catalyst said...

Kimpton Hotels is new to me, too. The Palomar in Phoenix looks rather nice.

jagbir said...

Usually, I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job Man. Best article I have ever read

Keep it up!