Sunday, January 14, 2018

The Italian Alps


The town of Canazei in Italy is located in the far north of the country in the beautiful Dolomites or the Italian Alps.  When my friends and I were driving through this stunning region we stopped in Canazei to stretch our legs and indulge in some sightseeing (and a gelato).


The town is a true Alpine resort town full of hotels, restaurants and ski shops.  Wandering its streets, we found beautiful things around every corner.



This carved log was stationed in front of one building.  It has a weathered look making me wonder how long it has been there and how long ago it was carved.





























Another turn in the road brought us to a bridge over the rushing water of a mountain stream.  We were tempted to dangle our feet in the water for awhile.





























Around another corner we found this elaborately decorated building adorned with murals and lacy woodwork.


On the corner of the building was a sign that read "Misteri e Magie" which I believe translates to mystery and magic.  It certainly is a magical looking building.


After a nice walk around this pretty place, we followed the little mountain stream back toward where we left our car.  There is something truly rejuvenating about a walk in the mountains.  I bet this town is buzzing with winter sports fans about this time of year.

8 comments:

Mersad said...

Wow. Amazing photography and wonderful location. I am dreaming of visiting there myself. Hopefully soon.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Suza said...

Beautiful Pictures of a wonderful place

Judy Ryer said...

What a lovely place to visit! That wood carving must have been done by a master carver, it is so well done.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Looks gorgeous Sharon. That's the thing about Europe, the building are so ornate, so much to see you wish your head could swizzle right around ☺

William Kendall said...

Amazing and picturesque!

Lowell said...

The architecture and the scenery just blows my mind. It is so incredibly beautiful. My problem is that when I visit such a place, I immediately want to move there, and would begin the process if my wife didn't take me by the hand and say, "Okay, calm down. You'll be feeling better soon. Now what's that damn bus?"

Karl said...

Canazei is a lovely place, right here around the corner...

Catalyst said...

A beautiful village. It reminded me of a town we discovered when we lived in Mexico. Off the beaten tourist path and it seemed populated by many blonde and blue-eyed people.