Sunday, December 24, 2017

Christmas Windows


Retailers used to go to great lengths to decorate their store windows for the holiday season.  Where I live, I don't see that happening very much any longer.  But, when I travel to London during the holiday season, I can always depend on some wonderful window decorations.  I think the place that does the best job is Fortnum and Mason.


The last time I was there at the season was in 2013 so these aren't the windows you would see if you passed by the store today.  However, if you don't happen to be in London for the season, these photos will give you an idea of the things they do.  In my opinion Fortnum and Mason does Christmas window displays better than anyone else.


The theme for 2013 was a nostalgic one.  It was called "When Dreams Come True."



Windows full of carolers, tree trimming and holiday baking certainly are very nostalgic and dreamy.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Lowell said...

So gorgeous. That first one, though, is special. The word it brought to mind was "majestic." Merry Christmas to you, Sharon!

William Kendall said...

There is an extraordinary attention to detail in these!