Sunday, June 1, 2014

The long flight experience


You can probably tell that this is an old photo, almost 15 years old.  That sounds like a long time but, to me it feels like just a short time ago.  When I was traveling so much for work, I was able to accumulate a lot of miles and one year I used those mile to fly "first class" to London on Virgin Atlantic airline.  It was by far, one of the most memorable flights I've ever taken.  From the champagne greeting on boarding to the speedy exit at the end, it was a luxury experience all the way.  Large roomy seats that turned into flat beds, pajamas (which I still have) to sleep in, a wide selection of meals and snacks, on-board massages and/or manicures, and a huge selection of movies and television shows for the non-sleepers are all just a sample of the of things to be experienced.  Oh, and did I mention the lounge on the second level of that 747.  It was by far the most memorable cross-atlantic flight I've ever taken.  If I could do that every time I fly a long flight, I would but the price tag simply won't allow for that.  I just need to rack up some more miles.

3 comments:

Andy said...

To heck with the expense. Pamper yourself. :)

Lois said...

Wow! That sounds wonderful. I am flying to London later this month, but definitely not first class.

Catalyst said...

I've always wanted to take one of those flights.