Friday, July 19, 2013

Palaeontology


The Tyrrell Museum is a fantastic museum located near the city of Drumheller, Alberta Canada.  It's a very popular attraction for tourists and scientists alike.  It has a collection of 130,000 fossils most of which were found in this area of Alberta.  The museum is named for Joseph Tyrrell, a geologist who discovered the first dinosaur remains in The Red Deer Valley in 1884.  The most popular area of the museum is the Dinosaur Hall  where 40 mounted dinosaur skeletons greet the visitor.

4 comments:

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

I was unfamiliar with this. THank you for educating me.

Lowell said...

Boy, do I feel out of the loop. I've never even heard of this place. Sounds wonderful! I'm often called a dinosaur so it would be fun to see my ancestral bones!

Love this photo, too. You must be on a high road or you made a mighty climb up that hill!

Judy said...

You had a good vantage point for this shot!

Catalyst said...

I never heard of it either. May have to put it on my bucket list.