Sunday, February 4, 2024

Walking Along the River

 

Stepping out of the Tate Britain Museum in London, I am facing the River Thames where I decide to walk so I can take in the view.  Walking along Millbank road between Pimlico and Westminster, will take me past an assortment of government buildings all the way to the Houses of Parliament.  While I'm walking, I can admire the growth of all the buildings across the river.

If I look to the left in this photo, I can see the MI6 headquarters tucked into the far left of this photo.  I did a post about that building back in 2017.  See it here.  Next to the MI6 building is St. George Wharf an interesting luxury building with flats and office and retail space.  There were definitely more buildings squeezed into this space since I was last in London.


As I walked along, I was in awe of all the new buildings that have been built along the river.  Like many big cities, London is growing and growing.

3 comments:

Travel said...

A nice walk in a great city

Catarina said...

Do you believe I had never seen the MI6 building?! And I have read so many spy books where the building is mentioned...

RedPat said...

I haven't been to London for about 10 years so those tall buildings really surprised me, Sharon.