Sunday, February 11, 2024

Land of Spies and Politicians

 

Further along on my walk along the Thames, I came to this building known as Thames House.  It happens to be the headquarters for MI 5, the English security services.  This building is not as eclectic as the MI 6 building that I pictured last week.  This one is much more traditional.

This building is located right at the corner of Millbank and Lambeth where the Lambeth bridge crosses the Thames.  There is a round-about there and in the center is this very full palm tree.  There are not many palm trees to be found in London so this one sort of stands out.

On my previous trip in 2016, I must have been surprised to see this tree sitting in the middle of the road because I snapped this photo of it back then.


After passing the MI 5 building, I've almost arrived at the Houses of Parliament.  The park along the river is called Victoria Tower Gardens that is where I found this famous sculpture by Auguste Rodin.  "The Burghers of Calais" is one of his many famous sculptures.














I've made my way from the Tate Britain museum all the way up to the Houses of Parliament.  Before I move on, I can't resist a photo of Big Ben.  

1 comment:

Travel said...

Thanks I needed a walk in London, I was writing to a friend yesterday about needing to get back there.