Sunday, April 3, 2022

Favorite Photos from European Travels

 


Last week I posted some favorite photos from travels around the United States.  Today I have some favorites from travels in Europe.  First up is a photo from Florence Italy.  I snapped this photo during the golden hours from a window in my hotel.  


Here is another photo from Italy, this time from Venice.  I love that the lady with the blue umbrella stopped to look across the canal just as I was crossing a bridge.  Perfect timing.  I have a 16 X 20 enlargement of this one done on metal.  


I really love this photo.  It was taken inside a church in Verona Italy.  That angel has such a melancholy look.  I have a framed print of this one hanging in my dining room.















Here is another favorite from a trip to Italy.  This castle sits at the edge of the city of Sirmione located at the southern end of Lake Garda.  In fact, you enter the city through a passage located all the way to the left of this photo.  I have a large, framed print of this castle hanging on a wall in my office.

I have several photos of Stonehenge that I like but this is the one that I had enlarged and printed on canvas.  I've visited Stonehenge twice, the first time in 2000 when I took my Dad on a trip to London.  The second was on my last trip there in 2016.  

This is a photo from Paris France.  This is the Lapin Agile, the largely unchanged night spot where famous painters and writers would enjoy some libations.  It still serves as an old style night club to this day.  


This last photo was taken on the coast of Wales in the village of Portmeirion.  This is not a classic photo from this quirky village.  I walked down a narrow lane between some buildings to catch this view of a beautifully coiffed tree overlooking the estuary. The village of Portmeirion was designed and built by Sir Clough William-Ellis who wanted to pay tribute to an atmosphere of the Mediterranean when he designed the village.  I did a post about this place that you can see here.





5 comments:

Andy said...

Sharon it is easy to see you like Europe. The only European touring I do is following your blog.

Travel said...

Places I have seen, and places I want to see, great collection of memories

William Kendall said...

It's the last shot that most speaks to me.

Catalyst said...

You have been so fortunate to see so much of this planet.

Revrunner said...

Yep. Just this past week I began investigating the possibilties of hiking St. Patrick's Way in Ireland. I know it must be possible, but there are "issues" still because of Covid.