Sunday, April 10, 2022

California Blooms

 

One thing I love about California is all the wonderful plants and flowers I see there.  The climate is so different near the coast and that makes it good for some tropical plants like the bird of paradise above.  I love these blooms and I snap lots of photos of them when I visit California.

I also love seeing such a variety of lilies, many of them growing in wild spaces.

Though they tend to be in more landscaped spaces, I also see dahlias in many colors and sizes.  

The very dark blooms of a certain type of succulent are also more common in California than they are here in the desert.  



I always find and abundance of water lilies when I visit California.  These are such spectacular blooms that they just beg to be photographed.  


I cheated a bit on the orchid to the left.  It is in California but I found it inside a greenhouse.  

These are just a few of the wonderful variety of blooming plants I get to admire when I travel to California.  It seemed like Spring was the perfect time to showcase them.