Sunday, December 6, 2020

A Beautiful German Town

 

Among my slides from the 1985 trip to Europe were these photos of a very picturesque town that I knew was somewhere in Germany but I didn't know where.  It took a lot of research to pin down this village called Schiltach.  


I remember stopping here but it wasn't on the planned trip agenda so I couldn't remember exactly where it was.  This is one of those places that when you drive into to town, you find it too beautiful to pass up.  So, I remember finding a place to park so I could walk around and admire this gorgeous German town.




I can't help but wonder if it looks the same today as it did when I arrived 35 years ago.  Judging from the number of "Trip Advisor" ads I've received after my online search, I'm going to say it's not exactly the same.  I think it probably gets a lot more tourist traffic than it used to get.

















Walking along this street with the river flowing through the middle was like entering some kind of fairy tale.  It was just so perfect.



















This place was just a brief stop on my driving tour around Germany.  I think if I went again, I might make it a destination.  I think I'd like to revisit the fairy tale.  


5 comments:

Thérèse said...

Nice place. You went everywhere Sharon!

Travel said...

One of the joys of a driving trip is being able to stop at random places. We took factory deliver of a German car in 2015 and spent two weeks driving in Germany,

Gemel said...

What an absolute stunning village. I would certainly be up exploring the woods after a stroll around the village.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful architecture, and a beautiful place!

Catalyst said...

It's so perfect it almost looks like a theme park.