Sunday, July 26, 2020

A Virtual Walk Near the Beach


Last week I did a virtual walk through the high desert, today I'm going to do a virtual walk near the beach in California.  Since I won't be making the trip this year (for obvious reasons), a virtual walk with a touch of sea air will have to do.


When I'm near the ocean, I like to focus my telephoto lens in on the many sailboats I see.  It must be quite relaxing to be sailing like this.


I have my favorite view points where I can watch the water crashing on the rocks below.


Another thing I love to do is watch the birds along the shore.  For the longest time I thought these were sandpipers but they are actually a bird called godwits.  



Another thing I love to do is see all the beautiful plants that grow so well with the nearby ocean breezes embracing them.  I love finding little ponds with colorful waterlilies and the thousands of bird-of-paradise blooms seem to be everywhere.


And when I'm not walking, I'll find a comfortable place to sit and enjoy a view of the ocean.  This view is from the Crystal Cove shopping center.  A cool drink and a comfortable chair and I'm all set!

5 comments:

William Kendall said...

Beautiful views.

Kay said...

I'm guessing with those tropical flowers that this is southern California? You wouldn't find Bird of Paradise up north...

Luiz Gomes said...

Good night, how are you? I am Brazilian, from Rio de Janeiro and looking for new followers for my blog. And I will follow yours with pleasure. New friends are also welcome, no matter the distance.

https://viagenspelobrasilerio.blogspot.com/?m=1

Catalyst said...

Wonderful pictures. I could vacation with you! (and SWMBO)

Mistress Maddie said...

I just popped over from TravelPeguins....OMG!!!!! These pictures are heavenly to see. A wonderful site for sore eyes!