Sunday, March 1, 2020

Thinking of Milan


I've been thinking about the beautiful city of Milan these last few days as they struggle with a recent outbreak of the coronavirus.  According to news reports, most of the public squares like these are almost devoid of tourists and young people just hanging out with friends.

























Most of the cafes are closed so there won't be people enjoying pizzas at sidewalk cafes like I did when I was there.















According to the reports I've heard the streets look empty like the scene above.

When I was there last spring, there were people everywhere.  I even happened upon a group of young girls practicing a dance routine while a guy (out of the photo) was filming them.
























Milan is a city I didn't expect to like because it was said to be more industrial than places like Rome and Florence.  However, I found it to be a wonderfully vibrant city with the old and new mixed together quite nicely.

Wherever I walked, I was always greeted with something interesting to see and admire.

Here's hoping the scientists discover ways to prevent this virus from spreading soon so all the places in the world that have been affected can get back to their normal routines and rhythms.

7 comments:

Andy said...

COVID-19 is making all of us fearful.

Thérèse said...

All what you wrote is true, I hope too that this will be over soon. In the meantime it will spread more.

Catalyst said...

I read today that the Louvre had closed in Paris because of the virus.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful architecture.

Kay said...

What a beautiful city! It looks like a great place to visit.
I feel like I'm living in a schizophrenic world. At Costco this morning it was mobbed with people stocking up (I've truly never seen so many people buying paper towels and toilet paper). Yet at lunch three of my friends talked about fake news or wondered if this was no different from a typical flu. One seemed to have bought the presidential line that it will be over by April. Nuts.

Unknown said...

Did you hear there's a 12 word sentence you can say to your crush... that will trigger intense emotions of love and instinctual attraction to you buried within his heart?

Because deep inside these 12 words is a "secret signal" that triggers a man's instinct to love, admire and protect you with his entire heart...

===> 12 Words Will Trigger A Man's Desire Instinct

This instinct is so hardwired into a man's genetics that it will drive him to work harder than before to take care of you.

Matter of fact, triggering this powerful instinct is so binding to achieving the best possible relationship with your man that the instance you send your man one of the "Secret Signals"...

...You will soon find him expose his soul and heart to you in such a way he haven't experienced before and he will see you as the only woman in the galaxy who has ever truly understood him.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

I don't worry about it, what will be will be. No sense in panicking about it, hardly going to kill you the flu kills more