Sunday, January 14, 2024

People Imitating Art

 

One of my favorite London museums is the Tate Britain. It's not as well known as the Tate Modern but it's been around longer and is a beautiful place to spend a rainy day.  I had been exploring the many galleries when I spotted the fellow in the photo above.  He caught my eye because I thought he looked like he had just stepped out of one of the massive paintings in this gallery.


I stealthily took several photos hoping I'd get at least one that would show how impeccably he was dressed but for a different era.


















I wondered if he was a time traveler who just slipped in from 1890.  Then he pulled out his cell phone to take a photo so I guess not.  I do wonder why he was dressed that way.

There is always something interesting to see in any museum and many times there is more to see than the art on the walls.  


4 comments:

Travel said...

Often a fun place to people watch, and often spectacular spaces.

Thérèse said...

Rings and tatou on top. Great.

J. S. Vila said...

Well, he is wearing his clothes with a lot of elegance. And he dont have any cup on the head. Really the combination of clothes in the photograph are very well selected. I like the aspect of this person. And you knows that people that visita museums have culture, knowledgement and intelligence. A good person inside a good Museum.

William Kendall said...

I've seen it once or twice at the gallery here where the way a person was dressed made me incorporate them into pictures.