Sunday, April 2, 2023

Beautiful Old Homes

 

I thought I'd take another tour around the town where I grew up, Quincy Illinois.  The last time I posted about Quincy's beautiful homes was in June of last year.  The first photo in that post was of my favorite house anywhere.  Today I'll show you a few more of the grand homes found in this river front town.

These first two houses have mastered that colonial America look.  I love the grand pillars on this house.  It looks so very stately.  


It's amazing how big these houses are.  Some of them have been divided into apartments but I'd say the vast majority are still single family homes.  BIG single family homes.



These two are not quite as large but they still have a very prosperous and stately look to them.  They don't build houses like these any longer and that is truly a shame.



Here are two more very large and very grand homes.  It would be so much fun to see inside these beautiful, old homes.


This last shot shows something I have found unique to Quincy.  The streets in the older neighborhoods have the street name spelled out in mosaic tiles in the sidewalk pavement at the corners.  When I was a little kid, I loved walking to the corner of our street and seeing the street name there.

3 comments:

William Kendall said...

Marvelous architecture!

DUTA said...

Beautiful, indeed!

Catarina said...

All of them are beautiful.