Sunday, April 11, 2021

Tucson Botanical Garden

 


When I was in Tucson last weekend, I made a short visit to the Tucson Botanical Garden.  It had been 6 or 7 years since I was last there and a lot had changed.


















The garden has added an interesting selection of artistic sculptures that are scattered throughout the grounds.
















This very lush garden was centered around a fountain (that agave plant in the center is actually a fountain) with pots of all shapes overflowing with pretty blooms.

I spotted a hummingbird resting in a blooming acacia tree.  It was nice of him to pose for this photo.


The "Cactus Car" was also a new addition.  There were cactus growing from the front, back and inside the car and you can see that even the wheels are covered with plants.  



There was even a little miniature village at one place withs street cars that moved along the tracks.  This was a popular spot with both kids and adults.  Everyone seemed to enjoy it.


6 comments:

Andy said...

Lots interesting things to see there. Stay safe.

William Kendall said...

What a marvel!

Travel said...

The last time I was in Tucson was about 1966, I need to go back,

Martha said...

That looks like such a beautiful place. I love the cactus car and the miniature village is great too!

Catalyst said...

Neat!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I can't see you missing an opportunity to visit a Botanical Garden Sharon, me also 😉 This was a wonderful visit with more than plants to hold visitor's attention 🌺