Sunday, January 17, 2021

Special Attention

 

When I was in Italy a year and a half ago, I stayed for a week on Lake Como where I used the reliable ferry system to get back and forth across the lake to visit the different towns and villas.  The ferries carry both cars and passengers and when they arrive at a dock, the cars leave first followed by the passengers.

Depending on which side of the ferry I sat, I would sometimes have to exit through the area where the cars were loaded.  It was kind of like walking through a floating tunnel.

On one of my trips across the lake, I was waiting for the cars to exit when I noticed this snazzy red Ferrari in line to exit.  I wasn't the only one to notice it.  Many people admired its sleek lines.

What I didn't expect was the special attention this car and driver got from the ferry crew.  When the Ferrari  approached the exit ramp, the ferry crew brought out a set of ropes that they laid down over the dip between the ferry ramp and the dock.


Here you see him standing on the ropes to hold them in place.


















Here he is is checking the clearance under the car as it crosses the ramp.


















And, here he makes sure it crosses the bump with no problems.  It looks like if you drive a sleek, new Ferrari, you can get very special attention when using the Lake Como ferry network.  
















The ferry system worked beautifully with ferries coming and going all day long.  And, while I was visiting Lake Como, crowds of people were using them all the time.  But, watching the Ferrari was a highlight.  It was fun to see that if you own a fancy and expensive Italian made car, you get special treatment when you use the ferry.


3 comments:

Andy said...

What a wonderful place you picked to stay. Count me in as person who enjoys travelling by ferry boat.

Catalyst said...

And here I thought he was checking for drugs! BTW, is that George Clooney driving that car?

William Kendall said...

That isn't a surprise.