Sunday, December 8, 2019

A Real Italian Villa



When I was in Italy last May, my friends treated me to three nights stay in a real Italian villa on Lake Como in the village of Varenna.  In the top photo you can see it to the left.  It's the tall one.

In the photo to the left, you have a much closer view.

As you can see from the photo, it was four floors so it wasn't for the weak of heart.  There was quite a lot of stair climbing involved, inside and out.

















The sitting room was located on the second floor which happened to be at street level.  It was a comfortable place for the group to meet and plan the next day's activities.


The breakfast room and the dining room were both on the first floor which was at garden level.  There was a lovely patio just outside but we only used it once while we were there.






























My bedroom was on the third floor and was furnished with antique furniture.  And, in case you were wondering, yes that bed did creak quite a bit.



There was an excellent view from my bedroom window.  I could see the Varenna dock and watch the ferries come and go.

All in all, it was an excellent experience.  A chance to enjoy a historical villa and see what it would be like to live right on the lake.

The villa had a name.  It was called Ca Livia.

4 comments:

William Kendall said...

Beautiful shots!

Lois said...

How wonderful that you got to stay in that beautiful villa! I just love that area so much. I spent a few nights in nearby Lugano, Switzerland a few years ago and took cruises on both Lake Como and Lake Lugano. The villas are gorgeous and I'm glad to see what one of them looks like on the inside!

Catalyst said...

Wonderful photos, Sharon. But I still want to know if you ran into George Clooney, who has a home on Lake Como.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

What a grand place to stay. Maybe you lost a kilo or two staying there and improved your whole cardio-vascular system in the process!