Sunday, August 18, 2019

The Call of the Sea


Obviously, I'm wishing I was still by the sea with that cool and refreshing sea air blowing in my face. That has to be why I was drawn to posting some photos from southern California today.  I took long walks either on the beach or on the higher paths above the beach where I could look down on the waves meeting the rocks.


Or, I could telephoto over to a rocky outcropping where the jet black cormorants have taken up residence.  You can tell from the color of those rocks that they have pretty much made this their home for a very long time.




From the beach, I had fun watching the sand pipers running in and out of the water and carefully picking tiny bits up from the sand.


When I wasn't chasing the birds, I was watching as the waves crashed against the various rocky places making huge, foamy splashes.


When I saw sailboats on the horizon, I would try to get a good telephoto shot.  They always tend to be a bit fuzzy from taking them hand-held, but I take them anyway.


I also tend to get far away from the maddening crowds, especially on Saturday or Sunday when the beach seems to explode with humanity all crowded together in one spot.

6 comments:

Catarina said...

I miss the ocean and the beach...
Gorgeous photos.
:)

Thérèse said...

All the joys of California beaches.

William Kendall said...

Your shots of the sand pipers are my favourites.

DeniseinVA said...

I love being near the ocean and miss it still. Great photos!!!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Wonderful series of images - especially the birds!

Catalyst said...

I love the beach. Any beach. We haven't been to one in years, though. Great pictures of the sandpipers.