Sunday, July 7, 2019

Take A Seat...


I have something a little different today.  I decided to post a few random photos from my recent trip to Italy.  Some are amusing and some are just interesting and none of them really fit into an event or special place.  I'll start with this great sign I saw at a the cafe at Villa Carlotta on Lake Como.  The nice part is that we were "soonest" attended!



Some German tourists brought their cute little dog along on the visit to the gardens of Villa Carlotta and they had fun posing him for photos.  I decided to join in.


This statue in the gardens of Villa Melzi in Bellagio brings to mind the saying "button it".  I wonder what this poor fellow said to get his mouth buttoned up.





















We took the ferries across the lake many, many times during our stay in Varenna and Bellagio.  It was always fun to watch the cars coming and going.  Above was a whole ferry load of Volkswagens and to the left a couple of classic cars exiting the boat.

























We saw this sea plane several times while we were there.  It never landed near us so I'm guessing it just flew from one end of the lake to another.


We did see several rowing teams out on the lake practicing.  


Another sign I saw in Bellagio reminding pet owners to clean up after their dogs.  

Wouldn't it be great if the dogs cleaned up after themselves?





























Italian lizards look a whole lot like Arizona lizards!


My only of view of the apartment building in Milan called the vertical garden was in passing on our way out of Milan headed for Lake Como.  I've seen photos of this place before so I'm at least glad I got to see it in passing.


Between me and my friends, we consumed a lot of Caprese Salads. This one was one of the most picturesque.  


When we returned to Milan for our flight home, we spent the night at the Roxy Hotel just outside the airport.  That's where I found this humorous drawing depicting The Last supper with clowns in monkey masks.  It was a very eclectic hotel.  

4 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Nice the see the pictures of Italy. The Caprese salad is served in a very special way!

Thérèse said...

Excellent pictures Sharon. What fun!

William Kendall said...

The little doggie is adorable!

Catalyst said...

What a great trip. Don't suppose you dropped in on George Clooney.