Sunday, January 21, 2018

Where to stay in Paris!


I've been to Paris several times and have stayed in hotels as well as apartments.  On this last trip back in late 2016, I was only going to be there one night and I was meeting some friends from Chicago who where there for a family gathering.  I decided it was simplest to just book into the hotel they had already booked.

It was a small boutique hotel called Jules and Jim located on a narrow little side street in the Marias area of Paris only a few short blocks from the Pompidou Centre.















My room was spacious and modern with some very eclectic decorative features.  That bed was so very comfy that I hated getting up in the morning.  Since this was my second night in Europe, a good night's sleep in this room helped to resolve any lingering jet lag issues I was having.



However, my favorite feature of the room was this fantastic shower.  That rain-shower head was so wonderful, I probably took the longest shower here of my whole trip.  I really should get one of those for home.


























At the very heart of the hotel was a little courtyard and a common area where breakfast was served along with light snacks and drinks in the evening.



On my second day in Paris, I had scheduled my return trip to London for around 3 in the afternoon so after a morning of sightseeing, I headed back to the hotel around 1:00 pm and decided to relax for a while before I headed back to the train station.  That courtyard patio was the perfect place to relax and rest the feet.


I would pick this hotel again on another trip to Paris.  It had everything one could need, a comfortable bed, a fantastic shower, friendly and accommodating staff and peace and quiet from the hustle and bustle of the busy Paris streets.

10 comments:

Suza said...

Vielen Dank für den Tipp,das hilft weiter

Judy Ryer said...

Looks good!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Does look nice Sharon. It's so good when you find a place to stay that fits everything you need for a comfortable stay. After all the times we've been to Sydney, we've finally found a hotel that's exactly in the right spot for city shopping, walking to my son's house and Circular Quay/Darling Harbour.

Silver in AZ said...

Looks absolutely lovely!!!

William Kendall said...

It looks quite inviting!

RedPat said...

I'm going to google that hotel later. Looks fab!

Lowell said...

Oh good Lord! If I had found that hotel, I would never have left. Well, maybe when my money ran out. Which would have been the next day...what I mean to say, that's a gorgeous place and in my heart my home is Paris and if there was any way, I would move there tomorrow.

Lois said...

It looks fabulous Sharon. I wish I had known about it the last time I went to Paris. I love that courtyard!

Catalyst said...

On our last night in Paris we splurged and stayed at the Hotel Alexander. We went to various shops in the area in the late afternoon and bought finger food and wine and picnicked in our room. We missed the nighttime boatride on the Seine but we were too exhausted for it anyway.

Thérèse said...

Such a nice presentation!