Sunday, October 22, 2017

Page Springs


Last week I told you a little about the town of Cottonwood, the heart of the northern Arizona wine country.  Today I'm going to take you on a tour of Page Springs Winery, just outside Cottonwood in a hilly area with a lot of volcanic soil.


The winery over looks Oak Creek, that well know stream of water that flows through beautiful Sedona Arizona.  In fact, there is a picnic area right over the creek where you can enjoy some delicious food and an equally delicious glass of wine while listening to the rushing water below you.


And, when I say the food is delicious, I do mean delicious.  I actually stopped here for lunch because I had heard that they had a superb chef working in the kitchen and he lived up to his reputation.  I had the pizza that is called the T & A.  It's made with pesto, roasted tomatoes, artichoke hearts and both parmesan and fresh mozzarella cheeses.  Yum...what a treat it was!


After I had eaten, they filled my glass of wine and encouraged me to stroll the grounds and enjoy scenery.  The grounds of the winery are beautifully landscaped with a trails that lead toward the creek and the rows of vines.

My camera and I were drawn to the beautiful, plump grapes hanging on the vines all around.



































I was having a hard time controlling my "shutter" finger as I passed row after row of luscious grapes and shady vines.


The rock-lined and and arbor covered path down to the picnic area and the creek was another picture perfect place to stop.


If you find yourself in north-central Arizona, I highly recommend a visit to Page Springs Winery.  The drive to get there is beautiful and the winery itself is one of the prettiest I've seen in this area.  And the food....well...the food is simply exceptional.  It's a perfect Arizona day trip or weekend get-away.  

9 comments:

Lois said...

This is a lovely place Sharon. I would enjoy visiting there. Your photos of the grapes are beautiful! That pizza looks delicious too.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

What a very nice way to spend the morning Sharon. The light is fab in these shots, I bet it was a hot day.

Silver in AZ said...

that pizza looks amazing, as does the entire grounds of the winery. Thanks for sharing!

William Kendall said...

Beautiful countryside, Sharon. That pizza looks to die for. It occurs to me I don't think I've ever had artichokes.

Lowell said...

That food is way too tempting. I think I told you we have a friend moving to Sedona and she mentioned she had driven through Cottonwood. I remember Oak Creek. We still have a slide of our three kids eating by the car next to Oak Creek. Can't remember much about it except we were driving a beautiful 1957 Olds hardtop!

Judy Ryer said...

Now I want some pizza.

Thérèse said...

What a beautiful place where to stop. I keep it in mind for the next time we drive in that direction.

Catalyst said...

We had friends visiting from California who were amazed that our part of Arizona had so many wineries. We visited the tasting room and sampled some wine before enjoying a Judy-provided picnic on a bench just to the right of your first picture. Tom and I walked down to the creek overlook. Beautiful.

Tom Cochrun said...

Indeed we were surprised. A love patch of planet earth that we especially enjoyed. Tom from California.