Sunday, August 10, 2014

Spanish Influences


After walking under those Mission bells (pictured in my last post) to the entrance of the Mission Inn hotel in Riverside California, the Spanish style continues into the beautiful wood beamed lobby.


Every corner of the lobby is warm and inviting with special touches that make it feel like home.  The stairway leads to the second floor where my room happened to be.  There was an elevator to use but, I really enjoyed using those beautiful stairs.


At the end of the hall where my room was located was this beautiful stained glass window.  I took a few photos of the window hoping to capture that late afternoon sunlight streaming through.


The lobby bar is called the Presidential Lounge and that photo of Richard Nixon is there because Richard and Pat Nixon were married here.


This is another sitting area in the lobby right next to the entrance door.  


Scattered throughout the hotel were beautiful murals depicting scenes from the California Mission era.  I'll post some more photos from this beautiful place sometime in the future.  I think from the last three posts, you can see that this is a special place.

9 comments:

Lowell said...

What a fantastic place. I love all that wood. I'd never want to leave!

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

Riverside celebrates is Spanish heritage in the architecture of the Mission Inn, but Riverside County is also the location of Murrieta, CA, where they had angry protests against caring for a few children from Central America.

Judy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Judy said...

Very nice!

Mersad said...

I like the darkness of the interior. Gives everything a very intimate feeling.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Anonymous said...

Magnificent, I love the rich, warm light that spills in through the windows too!

Steve Reed said...

This is terrific! My Dad is from Riverside, and since I'm staying at his house right now I'll be sure to show him this post!

Thérèse said...

A very very rich and warm atmosphere.
It's beautiful.

LOLfromPasa said...

It's on the list!!!!!! Great shots.