Monday, May 19, 2014

Show Stopper


When I visited Italy two years ago, my friend Janet and I spent the second week of our trip with her nephew who was working and living in Treviso Italy.  He took that week off of work and very kindly toured us around northern Italy.  One day when we headed off on one of our explorations, we were driving along when I spotted this place and said "you have to turn around".  I wasn't sure what I was seeing and I had to get a second look.  We discovered that it was a restaurant called "Gargantua".  I simply had to get a picture of it.  I thought we Americans had the market on tacky eating establishments.  The sight of this place proved me wrong.

No, we didn't stop to eat there!  It didn't appeal to any of us.  I did look it up on the internet and found a TripAdvisor rating of the place.  They give it 3 out of 5 stars.  It's located in Paese Italy in case you want to look it up on your next trip to Italy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Certainly an eye catcher!

Andy said...

It got your attention and the same would have happen to me.

Lois said...

Wow! I would have turned around too.

Julie Ferguson said...

Haha, what a quirky looking place. I would have stopped to take a picture of it as well.

Catalyst said...

I don't think so. For eating, anyway.

Jack said...

Hah! I don't think any of your photographer buddies would have driven past without screaming at the driver to stop! It is a very cool-looking place. But, with all the other gastronomic choices in Italy, let's go elsewhere for the meal, OK?